The Eagle Print Shop is located on the Georgia Southern University campus. On Wednesday, April 1, 2009 Barbara Nixon’s Publications class took a tour of the shop. I am going to inform you on some of my favorite things that I learned from my tour at the print shop. Here is there link for you to learn additional information. http://services.georgiasouthern.edu/print/
At the print shop, the tour guide took us behind the scenes to show us where everything is printed. These are a few things she taught us:
- The Eagle Print Shop is Eco-friendly and uses recyled paper and recylcels the paper they do not need instead of throwing it away.
- The cost of printing projects for class at The Eagle Print Shop is much cheaper (in cost, not quality) than having projects printed in other print shops. A brochure I had printed cost me less than $0.75.
- The Eagle Print Shop is able to print on all types of paper and various sizes (even poster size paper).
- To make your visit quick, work with the assistants by having everything saved on a flash drive as a PDF file.
- It is not a bad idea to have your work saved in other ways. For example email, a CD, hard drive, etc in case their computers are not able to pull up your PDF file (although this should not be a problem).
- Also, if you are graduating from Georgia Southern University, The Eagle Print Shop may be able to interest you in graduation invitations. They are sold at a reasonable price and are an attractive way to invite friends and family to your commencement ceremony.
These are just a few things I picked up along the tour. If you are interested in learning more the site shown above is very helpful!