In chapter 8 you will learn that the final step in R A C E is evaluation.
Evaluation is a key component and much focus should be attributed to it.
There are three levels of measurement that include:
– basic – intermediate – advanced
There are several questions that should be asked during the evaluation process. The following are good example questions:
- Was the program/activity adequately planned?
- Did the recipients understand was was going on?
- How can it be effective?
- Were all primary and secondary people reached?
- What affected the program’s success?
- Were the budget requirements met?
- What can help the program in the future?
Also in Chapter 8 is included Clippings such as:
- Custom Scoop
- Radio 6
- Other blogs…
If you want to learn more about your company, type in a search engine the name of your company plus the word “sucks” to see if there is anything negative out there.
Benchmark studies is very important in the evaluation process. It involves
– pretest – campaign – post test
You should analyze all communication activites like newsletters, telephone, brochures, etc. Along with informal interviews and outside interviews.
Also keep in mind while you are evaluating that what you produce needs to make sure it relates to the group, asks people what they would be interested in, you want to involved a column analysis and create an advisory board.
**This information came from the book, Public Relations Strategies and Tactics Ninth Edition book and from notes I took in Barbara Nixon’s Intro to PR class.